Hosted by Owen
You Kayak needs to comply with the details below any questions contact Owen. Click going on the facebook event if attending please
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/388620297991815/
We’d put in at the SLSC sheds (plenty of nearby parking) at Blacksmiths (see attached) following a trip briefing and gear check. Say we meet at 0830 and be underway by 0900. The trip is only about 7-8 Km to Spoon Rocks so we should on the beach there in about an hour and a bit for smoko.
Depending on conditions, group desire, etc, we could do a bit of a skill session/instruction then head back taking a look at the bommies and passing outside the Island before crossing back over the bar. ETA at the sheds would be early to mid PM.
This would be a low key, low risk, introductory sea paddle and would be suitable for all basically fit and competent paddlers in seaworthy boats. Safety is the main issue as I always like to arrive back with the same number of paddlers I started out with J.
1. Dependent on the weather/sea conditions on the day, “Plan B” would be restricted to a paddle within the Channel and nearby Lake.
2. Any kayak must be sound and seaworthy, have front and rear totally waterproof compartments, have basic safety lines and configured to allow towing if necessary.
3. All appropriate safety equipment (including pfds and spray skirts) must be correctly fitted/worn during the paddle.
4. Food and water will be required and it is highly recommended that additional warm clothing and a cag be carried. Additional safety equipment such as a hand pump, spare paddle, paddle float, etc would be appropriate (if available).
5. We’d paddle as a group, with the slowest paddler setting the pace (ie it is not a race)!